When to do a home electrical safety inspection?
- When buying a home, it is prudent to ensure your new home is electrically safe before you and your family moves in. You don’t want the electrical shock of costly electrical repairs after contracts have exchanged without being aware.
- In case your home is more than 25 years old and has never been through an electrical safety inspection
- If the label (sticker or warning notice) on the distribution board advises a test is due or more worryingly, there is no notice for frequency of inspection on your distribution board
- If you are adding or modifying the wiring in your home
- If you had a major home renovation
- If you notice an electrical appliance operating differently, especially if it is old
Regular electrical safety inspections are extremely important and should be carried out every 5 years. At Coventry Electrics, we have a highly-qualified team of electricians in Coventry who can conduct thorough electrical safety inspections.